Short Description: Xanthe Wrap is an invitation to play. Choose a trio of colours to express your style, the varations are endless; stripe two neutrals and add a lace colour pop, or keep it neutral for a classic look. Use your wildest speckle yarn striped with a solid and co-ordinating lace colour for something as fun to knit as it is to wear. The stretches of garter stitch make this a perfect project for travel or mindless knitting while beautiful lace keeps it interesting. Xanthe is knit on the bias which results in a rhomboid shape; it is easy to wear and will fast become a wardrobe staple. Pattern includes fully written instructions accompanied by a chart for the lace section.
Gauge: 22 stitches and 38 rows = 10 cm in garter stitch"
- Top Edge: 73”/185 cm
- Width: 18”/ 46 cm
Materials Used: Fingering Weight/4-ply
- Colour 1 (C1): 400 yd/365 m;
- Colour 2 (C2): 400 yd/365 m;
- Colour 3 (C3): 400 yd/365 m
Sample shown in:
- C1: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, (Fingering / 4-ply, 100%, Superwash Merino, 420 yd/ 384 m) in Great Grey Owl.
- C2: Hey Lady Hey New England Merino Fingering, (Fingering / 4-ply, 100% Superwash Merino, 437 yd/400 m) in Malibu.
- C3: Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply, (Fingering / 4-ply, 100% Superwash Merino, 400 yd / 350 m per 100 g), in Pewter.
Needle Size: US 5 / 3.75mm
Pattern Includes: Written and Charted instructions and Schematic
Skill Level: Advanced beginner - Intermediate