Xandra Wrap by Ambah O'Brien | Let your inner artist out to play with a fun, colourful knit. Xandra Wrap can be knit in 3 main colours with a 4th colour pop, or choose a palette of partial or mini-skeins from your stash and create a unique masterpiece as striking or as subdued as you desire. Garter stripes alternate with a lovely, simple-to-knit lace while regular colour hangers keep you hooked as you eagerly anticipate the next combination. There’s no complicated shaping to keep track of - simple increases and decreases form a biased wrap that is as easy to wear as it is entertaining to knit.
Gauge: 20 sts and 44 rows = 4"/10 cm in garter stitch, blocked Gauge is not crucial for this project, but variations will aﬀect yardage and final measurements.
- Top Edge: 56”/142 cm
- Width: 21”/53.5 cm
Measurements taken after blocking
Materials Used: Fingering weight/4 ply.
- C1: 400 yd/366 m *
- C2: 164 yd/150 m
- C3: 400 yd/366 m *
- C4: 400 yd/366 m *
- *Note: You may like to use partial or mini skeins for colours 1, 3, and 4. You'll need 3 mini skeins each containing 134 yd/123 m for each colour you replace in this way.
Sample shown in:
- C1: Malabrigo, Sock, (light fingering/3-ply, 100% superwash Merino, 440 yd/402 m per 100 g), Pearl
- C2: Hedgehog Fibres, Skinny Singles, (fngering/4-ply, 100% Merino, 400 yd/366 m per 100 g), Coral
- C3: Madelinetosh, Euro Sock, (fingering/4-ply, 100% Merino, 435 yd/397 m per 100 g), Hi-Lo
- C4: Woolen Boon, Boon Skinny, (fingering/4-ply, 100% superwash Merino, 400 yd/366 m per 100 g), Commando
Needles: US 4/3.5 mm, or size required to obtain gauge
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Adventurous Beginner