Wrapezoid by Shanalines Designs | A trapezoid is a 4-sided figure with 4 parallel lines and 2 non-parallel lines. I got the idea to create a multifunctional piece of knitwear in a trapezoid shape, and here it is! This size inclusive TRAPEZOID WRAP can be worn in a multitude of ways: as a cozy wrap, as a vest with a jaunty collar, or even flipped backwards! I used 2 strands of fingering weight yarn held together in different colors for the body of my Wrapezoid, and 2 strands of the same color held together for the collar. This design could use mini skeins, partial skeins, gradient sets, or DK yarn held on its own. The fit can be varied for your body shape and desired ease. This pattern includes a separate PDF file with styling options from test knitters, who all made it their own. This project includes coloring pages (yesssss!) and fill in boxes for you to write down your own special recipe. The body is worked side to side, and the collar and trim are picked up and knit after. Oh, and did I mention this is entirely done in the knit stitch? True story.
Gauge: 20 stitches = 4″ (10 cm) in garter stitch knit flat
Finished Measurements: There are 6 total sizes offered in the pattern: each of these finished circumferences is listed with either MORE DRAMA or LESS DRAMA, which relates to the slope of angled side.
- Size 0: 10” (25 cm) back width, designed to fit actual back widths 8”-12” (20-30 cm) (body: 190g, collar and trim 165g) Shown on models with 24” and 25” (60 and 60 cm) chests, with lots of positive ease!
- Size 1: 12” (30 cm) back width, designed to fit actual back widths 10” -14” (25-36 cm) (body: 240-260g, collar and trim: 160-190g) Designed to fit Sizes 30” to 42” (76-107 cm), shown on models ranging from size 35” to 42” (89-107 cm)
- Size 2: 14” (36 cm) back width, designed to fit actual back widths 12”-16” (30-40 cm) (body: 275-295g, collar and trim: 180-230g) Designed to fit Sizes 36” to 48” (91-122 cm), shown on models ranging from sizes 35” to 44” (89-112 cm)
- Size 3: 16” (40 cm) back width, designed to fit actual back widths 14”-18” (36-46 cm) (body: 330-350g, collar and trim: 220-250g) Designed to fit Sizes 42” to 54” (107-137 cm), shown on models ranging from 40” to 48” (102-122 cm)
- Size 4: 18” (46 cm) back width, design to fit actual back widths 16”-20” (40-51 cm) (body: 360-405g, collar and trim: 260g) Designed to fit Sizes 48” to 58” (122-147 cm), shown on model size 46” (117 cm)
- Size 5: 18” (46 cm) back width, designed to fit actual back widths 16”-20” (40-51 cm). For this size, the fronts are designed longer (body: 420-495g, collar and trim: 280g) Designed to fit sizes 52”-62” (132-157 cm). I am not sure of the model size, but this sample was knit with suggested front measurements, and some dimension added to the back, and I am told that this recipient likes it!
- Leading Men Fiber Arts Show Stopper, 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon, 463 yards (423 meters) per 100 g
- NOTE: this pattern uses fingering weight yarn held double for a marled effect. DK weight yarn may be substituted. Yarn amounts are provided in overall GRAMS needed per size.
Needle Size: US 7 (4.5 mm) min. length 32″ (80 cm) or size needed to get gauge
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions, Photo Tutorials, Schematic & Blank Coloring Page
Skill Level: Beginner
Other Details: Techniques - Knit stitch, increasing stitches, i-cord bind-off.