Short Description: People may not believe you knitted this cowl — the fabric is more woven in appearance. I have used the Wrong Side as the exposed side but the reverse, Right Side is also interesting giving you a reversible piece. It is deceptively simple and very quick to knit. Use two soft yarns and you will have a plush, warm piece that you will never want to take off.
Gauge: 11 sts in 4" over pattern st; row gauge not important.
Size: Cowl is approximately 28" in circumference as written but is very easy to adjust. Just make sure to CO an odd number of sts.
- Option 1 (13" tall)
- Yarn A: 1 skein Woolfolk Får (100% Orvis Ultimate Merino, 142 yds/50g) color 8
- Yarn B: 1 skein Malabrigo Gruesa (wool, 65 yds/100g) color natural
- Option 2 (14" or taller)
- Yarn A: 2 skeins Classic Elite Chalet (70% alpaca, 30% bamboo, 98 yds/50g) color slate
- Yarn B: 1 skein A Verb For Keeping Warm Farm Series Cormo Sheep and Wool Farm (100% Cormo, 90 yds/4 oz)
- Option 3 (13–14" or taller)
- Yarn A: Approx 145 yds of worsted weight yarn.
- Yarn B: Approx 60 yds of chunky to bulky weight yarn (yarn calling for US 11–13 needle). The thicker your Yarn B is, the bigger the “nibs” of texture will be.
Note: The yarn amounts are based on a 28" circumference and a 13–14" height. If you would like a taller cowl, be sure to buy an extra skein of yarn to accommodate your desired height.
Needle Size: US 13 circ 24" or shorter.
Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.