Sporty Forty by Elizabeth Smith Knits | Sporty Forty is a collaboration between me and Heather of Ewe Ewe Yarns after we realized we were both celebrating our 40th birthday in March of 2019! What better way to celebrate our milestone than with a fun project and Ewe Ewe’s cheerful sport-weight yarn. You can pick 3 colors of the beautiful Ewe So Sporty yarn - there are so many great color combos! You just need 1 skein of 2 colors and 2 skeins of 1 color (for a total of 4 skeins). Click here to view the yarn.
Gauge: 20 sts & 48 rows = 4”/10 cm in Garter Stitch
Finished Measurements: One Size
Materials Used: 400 yds of sport-weight yarn, shown in Ewe So Sporty by Ewe Ewe Yarns (100% Superwash Merino; 50g/145 yds), broken out by color as follows:
• Color A (Berry): 80 yds, 1 skein.
• Color B (Cotton Candy): 180 yds, 2 skeins.
• Color C (Saffron): 140 yds, 1 skein.
• US 7/4.5 mm 32”/80 cm circ needle
or size needed to obtain gauge.
• US 8/5 mm needle (any type), to be used during BO (or 1 needle size larger than that used to obtain gauge)
• 2 stitch markers.
• Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
• Optional: 1 removable stitch marker (to mark RS of work)
Pattern Includes: Written and video instructions
Skill Level: Beginner