Southern by Truly Myrtle | Feminine yet unfussy, Southern is a beautiful, asymmetric triangle with a striking lace border and fantastic drape that’s perfect for dressing up for special occasions or simply adding some va-va-voom to a casual outfit. Designed with two sizes, to use one or two skeins of treasured fingering yarn, Southern is delicious draped across your shoulders (even secured with a sparkly shawl pin!) or snuggled around your neck to keep warm. Her striped stockinette/reverse stockinette body is relaxing and enjoyable to knit, falling with soft ripples when worn. The lace is a simple combination of familiar stitches, creating a stunning finish. Including both charted and written instructions, Southern is ideal for experienced knitters and new shawl knitters wanting to expand their skills.
Gauge: 21 sts and 24 rows = 4”/10 cm in stockinette stitch, flat, after blocking.
- Small (Large)
- Wingspan, blocked 55.5 (72)”/141 (183) cm
- Depth at widest point, blocked 21 (27)”/51 (68.5) cm
- Small shawl (silver - see photos)
- 1 skein of Happy-Go-Knitty Kashi fingering (50% silk/50% superwash Merino; 437 yds/400 m per 100g) in “Café au Lait”.
- Large shawl (lilac - see photos & sketch)
- 2 skeins of Eden Cottage Yarns Titus 4ply (75% superwash Merino/25% silk; 436 yds/400 m per 100g) in “Thunder”.
Needle Size: US 5 - 3.75 mm
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Adventurous Beginner