Short Description: The Sascha Hat features a tiered raindrop colorwork motif, deep ribbing, and a contrasting cast-on at the brim. The hat can be blocked into a soft beret shape, or if left unblocked, fits nicely as a beanie. The stranded colorwork technique is great for cold weather. The two strands create a double layer that will keep you extra warm.
Gauge: 26 sts x 28 rows = 4” in stockinette color pattern.
- 19” circumference at ribbing
- 25“ circumference at widest part of tam
- 9” tall from the brim to the top
Materials Used: "DK (#3 light). Shown here: Knit Picks Swish DK (100% merino wool; 123y / 50g):
- Color A- navy, 1 skein (about 75 yards total)
- Color B- tidepool heather, 1 skein (about 100 yards total)
Needle Size: U.S. size 5 (3.75 mm) dpns
Pattern Includes: Written directions, color work charts, links for pattern support and video tutorials that explain basic techniques, 3 pictures
Skill Level: Intermediate
Other Details: Original design by Alexis Winslow