Short Description: Construction Notes: The cowl is worked circularly from the top down (ribbing band through to waffle pattern). A folded drawstring casing is worked between ribbing and waffle with a final folded hem to bottom edge. The I-cord drawstring is worked separately after completion. The hat is worked circularly from the ribbed brim through the body of the hat worked in the textured knit pattern. A folded drawstring casing is worked between ribbing and textured knit pattern. Shaped crown is worked in textured knit pattern. Slip markers as they are encountered. Pattern details waffle pattern/honeycomb brioche pattern, folded hem technique and I-cord drawstring.
- 20 stitches and 60 rows in 4in / 10cm in Waffle Pattern/Honeycomb Brioche Pattern with 1 strand of yarn held, washed and blocked flat, using Size A needle(s).
- 40 stitches and 36 rows in 4in / 10cm in 2x1 Rib Pattern with 1 strand of yarn held, washed and blocked flat, using Size B needle(s).
- Cowl: One Size Only - Finished dimensions 19 ½“/50cm circumference 6 ½“/17cm high
- Hat: To fit head circumference 18 (20, 22, 24) in / 46 (51, 56, 61) cm. Finished height from ribbed brim edge to top of crown 8 (8.5, 9.25, 10) in / 20 (22, 24, 25.5) cm. Hat Sample shown in size M on head size 22.5 in / 57cm.
- Cowl: Woolfolk Tynd in colour 9 [100% Ovis 21 Ultimate Merino®; 204 m / 223 yds / 50g]: 1 skein OR 200 metres / 220 yards of Fingering Weight yarn.
- Hat: Woolfolk SNO in colour 1 + 2 [100% Ovis 21 Ultimate Merino®; 204 m / 223 yds / 50g]: 1 skein OR 200 metres / 220 yards of Fingering Weight yarn.
- Size A (for main fabric, Waffle Pattern/Honeycomb Brioche Pattern) / 4.0mm (US6) (or needle to obtain gauge) 16”/40cm circular needle or set of double pointed needles
- Size B (for ribbed fabric) / 3.75mm (US5) (or needle to obtain gauge) 16”/40cm circular needle or set of double pointed needles
Pattern Includes: Cowl (1 size) and Hat (4 sizes), detailed written instructions, schematic diagram.
Skill Level: Experienced Intermediate