Rain on a Hot Tin Roof
Short Description: This pretty scarf, stole, or cowl in three sizes is a fun and wonderfully portable project, thanks to an easy-to-learn, addictive motif. With its highly contrasted areas of solid and openwork, the fabric filters light to pretty effect and drapes into lush folds when knit in a silky yarn blend. In a springier yarn, the finished piece will be full-bodied with stitch definition that really pops.
Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size and drape. "
- scarf(stole): 26 sts and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette st (knit flat; unblocked)
- cowl: 28 sts and 36 rows = 4 inches in stockinette st (knit flat; unblocked)
- scarf(stole): 10.5(19) inches wide and 54(72) inches in length (blocked)
- cowl: 24(49, 60) inches in circumference and 7.5(8.5, 10.5) inches in depth
- scarf(stole): 425(850) yards
- cowl: 230(430, 725) "
- scarf(stole): size 4US (3.5 mm) needle or size to obtain correct gauge
- cowl: size 3US (3.25 mm) circular needle or size to obtain correct gauge
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Bare Naked Wools Breakfast Blend Fingering, The Wool Dispensary Deadly Stimulant, Shalimar Yarns Paulie or Breathless, Spirit Trail Sunna, Anzula Dreamy, indigodragonfly MCS Sock, Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20, Quince and Co. Tern, Fyberspates Rural Charm BFL Silk Cashmere, Briar Rose Sea Pearl, Stricken Smitten BFL & Silk Fingering, Sundara Yarn Fingering Silky Merino, SweetGeorgia Yarns Merino Silk Fine, Posh Yarn Sylvia Sock, or any silky fingering yarn with approximately 100 yards/ounce