Short Description:Stunning and super easy polka dot shawl by Juju Vail for Loop,London, using clever drop-stitch patterns worked in stripes,one colour at a time. This is a crescent shaped shawl with pop-out spots. Only one colour is worked at a time, stitches are then dropped to create the spots and texture.
Guidelines are given for needles and yardage. Choose your needle size based on the tension of the fabric you like the look of; if you want it lacy, go loose, if you want it cosy, tighten up.
- Wollmeise: 22sts and 18rows over 10cm in patt on 4mm (UK 8/US 6)
- Isager Tvinni: 17sts and 17rows over 10cm in patt on 3.75mm (UK 9/US 5)
Materials Used: Yarn; two or three contrasting colours (see table below for quantities):
- Wollmeise Pure (4ply; 100% superwash merino; 525m/575yards per 150g) Main Images: Body colour: Dani, spotand trim colour: Mon Cheri
- Alternative Yarn: Isager Tvinni Tweed (light fingering; 100% merino; 510m/558yds per 100g)
- 3 colour version: Dark Grey (4), Mauve (12) and Pale Grey (13)
Guidelines for approximate yarn amounts in lace or 4 Ply/fingering weight yarn:
|Size||Body(MC)||Spots (CC)||Edging (CC)|
Needle Size: Circular needle, 80-100cm (32- 40in) long in size to suit gauge (see below)