Pine Creek Sweater by Samantha Guerin Designs | With a relaxed fit and eye-catching textural lace at the yoke, Pine Creek will quickly become the sweater that you reach for over and over. You can style it for an afternoon of hygge with leggings and cozy socks. Or you can glam it up by layering over a tunic dress with your coolest boots. Pine Creek is knit seamlessly from the top down. The yoke is cast on with provisional stitches and short rows are worked to raise the back neck. The yoke lace is knit, then the body and sleeves are separated and each worked top down. The only finishing is to pick up the provisional stitches at the neck and work a rolled neckline.
Gauge: Using US 6/4mm needle, 20 sts and 28 rows = 4” in stockinette stitch, in the round, after blocking
Finished Measurements: Size 1 (2, 3, 4) [5, 6, 7] / 35.5 (38, 42, 45) [49, 52, 54]" / 90 (96.5, 106.5, 114) [124.5, 132, 137] cm
Materials Used: The Fibre Co. ‘Lore’ (100% Kent Lambswool, 273 yds per 100g) | Shown in colorway ‘Courage,’ 4 (5, 5, 6) (6, 7, 7) skeins OR 1020 (1100, 1310, 1440) (1580, 1680, 1740) yds of a similar DK weight yarn
- Needle A (Main Fabric): One 24” circular needle | US 6/4mm, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Needle B (Neckband Short Rows & Bind Off): One 16” circular needle | US 6/4mm, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Needle C (Sleeves): One 40” circular for magic loop or DPN’s | US 6/4mm, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Needle D (Neckband): One 16” circular needle or DPN’s for three smallest sizes | US 5/3.75mm, or one size smaller than needed to obtain gauge
- Needle E (Sleeve Ribbing): One 40” circular needle for magic loop or DPN’s | US 4/3.5mm
- Needle F (Hem Ribbing): One 24” circular needle | US 4/3.5mm
Pattern Includes: Written & Charted Instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate
Other Details: Intended to be worn with 4-8” positive ease. Select a size 4-8” larger than your bust circumference; measurements in the pattern are for the finished garment.