Paris Pillbox Hat & Cowl
Short Description: Paris Pillbox Hat & Cowl by La Visch Designs. The hat in this set is in the pillbox shape reminiscent of the Forties and Fifties of the previous century. A most stylish way of keeping your head warm! To complete the set there is also a matching cowl. The Paris Pillbox Hat and Cowl are worked from the top down and feature an eye-catching textured stitch pattern. This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
- Hat: 14 sts / 11.4 rounds = 10 cm / 4 inches measured over dc in the crown of the hat
- Cowl: Gauge is not critical in this cowl design. For the sample cowl: 12.6 sts / 9 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) in stitch pattern (after blocking)
- Hat: Sizes S (M, L): 48.5 (58, 65) cm (19 (23 ¾, 26 ½) inches) circumference
- Cowl: Sizes S (M, L): 67 (84, 101) cm (26 (33, 40) inches) circumference and 20 cm (8 inches) high
Materials Used: Garnstudio DROPS Alaska (100% wool; 69 m (75 yards) / 50 g) in red 01 in the following quantities:
- Hat: 94 (114, 135) m (103 (125, 148) yds) or 2 (2, 2) balls of yarn
- Cowl: 175 (220, 265) m (190 (240, 285) yds) or 3 (4, 4) balls of yarn
- *Substitute for any aran weight yarn for a similar result.
Hook Size: Hat: 5 mm / US # H-8 (or size to get gauge); Cowl: 6 mm / US # J-10
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate