Painting Honeycombs Hat by Westknits | Gather a colorful palette of DK weight yarns to knit this cozy slip stitch hat. Combine one skein for the main color with a variety of color pops and paint with colors. Only one color is worked at a time as you slip stitches, so the knitting is very easy. Pop a pom pom onto the top and enjoy your new Westknits hat!
Gauge: 22 sts & 40 rnds = 4” / 10cm in rib pattern using smaller needles before blocking
Finished Measurements: 20” / 51cm brim circumference; 9” / 23cm from brim to top of hat when the brim is folded; Shown on a 21.5” / 55cm head circumference
Materials Used: DK weight; MC - 190yds / 174m; CC - about 60yds / 55m total (*Note: 8 CC’s are featured in the sample. You will have enough yarn if you have about 10yds / 9m of each CC.); Shown in: West Wool Tandem (90% Falkland Merino, 10% Texel; 250yds / 229m per 100g skein)
- MC - Pebble (light gray)
- CC (8) - Grass Green, Glass, Prince, Mariniere, Berry, Beatrix, Kardemumma, Green Olive
- *Note: Use as many CC’s as you like. The pattern features 8 CC honeycomb stripes.
- US 4 / 3.5mm circular in 40” / 100cm length or 1 size smaller than main needle
- US 5 / 3.75mm circular in 40” / 100cm length or size needed to obtain gauge
- *Note: Magic loop method is used for knitting in the rnd.
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate