Short Description: These cozy quick knit accessories in four sizes (XS/S/M/L) to fit older children and adults, with muffler in two sizes feature an appealingly tweedy rib-and-cable texture. The fingerless mitts have a sculpted thumb gusset and the hat is trimmed with ribbing to close out the cold. Substituting yarn weights and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
- mitts and hat: 20 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on size 5 (3.75 mm) needles
- scarf: 18 sts and 26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on size 8 (5.0 mm) needles "
- mitts: 5.75(6.25, 7, 7.75)” in circumference to fit hands up to 6.5(7.5, 8.5, 9.5)” around palm
- hat: 13(15, 17, 19)” (unstretched, unblocked) to fit head circumference up to 18(21, 24, 27)
- scarf: 6(6.75) inches wide and 50(60) inches long (blocked)"
- mitts: 110(130, 150, 160) yards
- hat: 100(150, 175, 200) yards
- scarf: 260(300) yards of any soft worsted weight yarn that knits to the pattern gauge."
- mitts: DPNs size 5US (3.75 mm) and size 4US (3.5mm) for cuff
- hat: size 5US (3.75 mm) 16” circular needle and DPNs; size 4US (3.5mm) 16” needle for brim
- scarf: size 8US (5.0 mm)"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Briar Rose Fourth of July, Glory Days, or Legend, Shalimar Honey Worsted, Woolen Rabbit Grace or Ella Twist, Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted, Briggs and Little Regal or Softspun, Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd’s Wool, Green Mountain Spinnery Wonderfully Woolly, Cascade 220 or 220 Tweed, or any soft worsted weight yarn that knits to the pattern gauge.