Short Description: Perfect over summer dresses and skirts or teamed with jeans, Nuala is a light layer with effortless summer style that will quickly become your go-to in warm weather. With beautiful lace panels and relaxed dropped shoulders, Nuala is a simple and fun knit, ideal for summery yarn. Start by working the lace panels and then picking up stitches along their long edges before working down to the armholes. Gradual decreases down the sides give shape to the body before a high-low hem is worked with invisible short rows. Quick Kitchener-stitch at the underarms creates seamless sleeves, and the neck and sleeves are finished with a fast and easy bind-off for a flattering fit.
Gauge: 16 stitches and 23 rows = 10 cm; in stockinette stitch, flat and in the round
- To fit bust 30-38 (40-48, 50-58)“/76-96.5 (101.5- 122, 127-147.5) cm
- Wingspan, from cuff to cuff: 38 (42, 45.5)”/95 (105, 114) cm
- Total length, from top of shoulder at back: 22.75 (23.75, 25.5)“/57 (59.5, 64) cm
- Measure your shoulders tip to tip and choose a size with a wingspan approx. 21-25”/53.5- 63.5 cm wider. It’ll drop a little further when worn.
- Sample shown has a wingspan of 38”/102 cm on a 36”/91.5 cm bust, with approx. 23”/58.5 cm ease at the shoulder.
- 10 (12, 14) skeins of Quince & Co. Kestrel (100% organic linen; 76 yd/70 m per 50g skein).
- The sample used just over 9 skeins of Cove.
- If substituting yarn: approx. 760 (912, 1064) yds/ 700 (840, 980) m of heavy-worsted-weight yarn.
Needle Size: US 9/5.5 mm and size US 7/4.5 mm needles 32”/80 cm long and also size US 7/4.5 mm needles for knitting small circumferences
Pattern Includes: Written instructions
Skill Level: Adventurous beginner