Monkey Bread Hat & Scarf
Short Description: Deliciously deep, soft cables fold and twist coyly around this hat and scarf in two sizes (S/L), making the most of a light, airy luxury yarn. The hat is worked entirely in the round while the scarf is worked flat in simple cables that are easy on the hand and eye (options for straight or infinity scarf included). Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette, using larger needles (unblocked)
- scarf: 7(10) inches wide and 52(60) inches in length (washed and blocked)
- hat: 17(19.5) inches around brim to fit heads measuring up to 22(24) inches around"
- scarf: 375(650) yards
- hat: 175(200) yards of any soft, DK/sport yarn with 180-250 yards per 2 ounces."
- scarf: size 7US (4.5 mm) needle or size to obtain correct gauge
- size 7US (4.5 mm) 16-inch circular needle or size to obtain correct gauge
- size 4US (3.5 mm) 16-inch circular needle (or three sizes smaller than body needle)
- DPNs same size as body needle to finish top of hat (optional)
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Great Northern Yarns Cashmere/Mink DK, Briar Rose Wistful, Spirit Trail Neith, The Fibre Company Road to China Light, Natural Dye Studio Queenie Love DK, Hedgehog Fibres Yak, Fearless Fibers Cashmere Sport, Zen Yarn Garden Cashmere DK or CashSilk DK, Oomingmak Qiviut, or any soft, DK/sport yarn with 180-250 yards per 2 ounces.