Moduloncho by Shanalines Designs | It’s a modular poncho… Moduloncho! This cousin-of-a-shawl has a modular construction and classic lines for ease of wearing and styling. The design accommodates a range of sizes, and can be easily modified to fit your needs based on its modular construction. I used some great yarns from Leading Men Fiber Arts for my design! I love the range of colors and bases they have to offer. My poncho was created with 1 skein of Soliloquy (150g per 657 yards of fingering weight yarn, 100% Bluefaced Leicester), 1 skein of Diva (150g per 600 yards of fingering weight yarn, 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk) and 1 mini skein of Show Stopper (20g per 92 yards of fingering weight yarn, 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon). A larger sized garment can be created with 4 100g skeins of fingering weight yarn. This design would also lend itself to using partial skeins of yarn to create a wonderfully expressive garment!
Gauge: 20 stitches = 4″ (10 cm) in garter stitch
- Adult S/M (38.5” wide x 42” long / 98 cm x 107 cm)
- Adult M/L (45” wide x 48” long / 114 cm x 122 cm)
- C1: Leading Men Fiber Arts Soliloquy, 100% Superwash BFL, 657 yards (601 meters) per 150 g
- C2: Leading Men Fiber Arts Diva Fingering, 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk, 600 yards (549 meters) per 150 g
- C3: Leading Men Fiber Arts Show Stopper Fingering, 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon, 463 yd (423 m) per 100 g
- Sample shown in size S/M, colorways C1: Darkest Hour, C2: Just Sayin’, C3: Jeez, Louise
Needle Size: US 5 (3.75 mm) min. length 32″ (80 cm) or size needed to get gauge and US 7 (4.5 mm) or 2 sizes larger than working needle for i-cord trim
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions, Schematic & Blank Coloring Page
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Other Details: Techniques - Provisional cast-on, knit stitch, purl stitch, knitted welts, decreasing stitches, 3-needle bind-off, i-cord bind-off.