Short Description: In typical Dreamer Fibre Muse fashion, the yarn served as a strong influence for this design. The soft and quiet blues and whites gave me the image of a tranquil lake on a still winter's day, after a light snowfall, as sunlight beams danced across the surface. Marino was created to reflect that stillness, and breathtaking beauty, with simple eyelet stitches falling down upon the softly waving ripples of the sea foam stitch. The hints of sparkle in the yarn add in an elegant and eye-catching charm that catches the little bits of sunlight.
- 20 sts and 40 rows over 4 in./10 cm in garter stitch in US 5 (3.75 mm) and after blocking
- *Note: Gauge is not crucial to this project, but varying gauges will affect yardage and final measurements.
- Sample project size: Width: 16 in./40.5 cm; Length: 80 in./203 cm
- *Note: Length can be easily adjusted by adding in more repeats during the body section.
- Fingering/4-ply; 730 yd./667 m - 810 yd./740 m in C1, 170 yd./155 m - 183 yd./167 m in C2
- This is a nice elastic yarn with some good strength. The Stellina adds beautiful sparkle to the project.
- Fibre Art Studio SW Merino Nylon Stellina (75% Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon, 5% Stellina; 100 g; 438 yd./400 m); 2 skeins in Ice on Lake, 1 skein in Mermaid’s Tail.
Needle Size: US 5 (3.75 mm) size or size needed to obtain gauge, 24-in./60 cm circular needle
Pattern Includes: Written instructions