Logging Off by Shanalines Designs | A few years ago, my son thought up the idea to create a pillow resembling a slice of a tree. He is an avid reader who loves finding new ways to relax while getting lost in a good book. I created this pattern for him to take on his adventures, LOGGING OFF from the digital world and finding some peace and quiet out in nature.
Gauge: 20 stitches & 26 rounds = 4” (10 cm) in stockinette in the round
- Circles: approx. 9.5” (24 cm) across
- Stuffed pillow circumference: approx. 11” (28 cm) across
- Height of bark: 2.5” (6.5 cm)
- Overall height: approximately 3-4” (7.5-10 cm)
Materials Used: Worsted weight yarn in 2 colors (with high contrast) and fingering weight yarn in 1 color. Sample shown using:
- Patons Classic Wool Worsted, 100% Pure New Wool, 194 yd / 177 m per 100 g | MC1: Natural Mix (light brown), MC2: Aran (natural)
- Knitpicks Stroll Tweed, 65% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon, 10% Donegal Tweed, 231 yd / 211 m per 50 g | CC: Reindeer Heather (dark brown)
- The size shown requires 1 ball of each of the 3 colors.
- This modular knit requires approximately 90 g of fiberfill stuffing.
Needle Size: US 5 (3.75 mm) circular needle, 16” (40 cm) and 32” (80 cm) or longer for magic loop, or double-pointed needles or size needed to get gauge
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions, Photo Tutorials & Schematic
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Other Details: Techniques - Join-as-you-go modular knitting, knit stitch, purls stitch, knit front and back increases.