Lodestone by Truly Myrtle | Such a bold statement, but I believe it with all my heart, and once you’ve knitted Lodestone socks and pulled them over your chilly feet, I’m pretty sure you will too. Plus, as every stitch is knitted with love, knitted socks feel more magical to wear. Trust me. There’s nothing so special as knowing handmade socks are tucked into your shoes. Lodestone are knitted top-down and designed for feet of all shapes and sizes. As well as including three sizes, Lodestone socks have ribbed legs, sturdy heel flaps and gently curved toes, perfect for a comfy fit over all the various ankles and toes out there in the world. Choose from charted or written instructions for the striking chevron panel and watch the linked video tutorial to learn some new stitches. Suitable for beginner sock knitters.
Gauge: 32 sts and 44 rnds = 4”/10 cm in stockinette stitch, in the round with US 1.5/2.5 mm needles, after blocking.
- Leg circumference (unstretched): 6.25 (7, 8.25)”/16 (18, 21) cm.
- Leg height (from top of heel flap): approx. 6 (6.5, 7)”/15.25 (16.5, 17.75) cm.
- 2 balls of Onion Knit Nettle Sock Yarn
- (70% wool, 30% nettle fibres; 202 yds/185 m per 50g ball) in “Curry” 1016 (yellow);
- or, 1 skein of Happy-go-Knitty Dartmoor Spotty (85% Bluefaced Leicester, 15% nylon; 437 yds/400 m per 100g) in “Pacific Ocean” (blue);
- or, 1 skein of Bleating Art Left Ventricle Sock (80% Merino, 20% nylon; 390 yds / 357 m per 100g skein) in “Zen” (grey)
- If substituting yarn: approx. 383-428 yds/350-400 m of sock/fingering/4ply yarn.
Needle Size: Sizes US 1/2.25 mm and US 1.5/2.5 mm sock needles.
Skill Level: Adventurous Beginner