Light Festival Sweater
Light Festival Sweater by Westknits. This cozy pullover features two strands of yarn held together throughout the entire fabric. The sweater is constructed top-down beginning with a large ribbed cowl. The yoke is a blend of circular yoke shaping for the front and back with ribbed raglan sleeve shaping. You can marl your colors any way you like. The blue sample features one color of suri alpaca throughout the entire sweater with color-blocked stripes using different fingering weight wool colorways. The large cowl neck is optional. If you prefer a regular ribbed collar, there are instructions that skip the large cowl feature. The knitting is very simple so you can enjoy using this pattern as a canvas for experimenting with color.
Gauge: 18 sts & 26 rnds = 4” / 10cm in stockinette stitch (*Note: Check your gauge to determine the best size and fit for you.)
Sizes: S [M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL]
Finished Measurements: 37 [42, 46, 51, 55, 59, 64]” / 93 [105, 115, 128, 138, 150, 163]cm finished chest circumference (*Notes: Large size shown with approximately 4” / 10cm of positive ease on Stephen and about 10” / 25cm of positive ease on Uri. See Schematic for sweater measurements. Yoke, Body, and Sleeve lengths are customizable. This sweater is designed to fit with approximately 4-6” / 10-15cm of positive ease. These measurements are based on a gauge of 4.5 sts = 1” / 2.5cm.)
Materials Used: Worsted weight; Hold 2 strands of fingering weight yarn together for a worsted weight gauge; 1 strand lace weight mohair + 1 strand DK weight would also work well for the recommended gauge.
- Yardage: 1250 [1350, 1450, 1550, 1650, 1750, 1850]yds / 1143 [1234, 1326, 1417, 1509, 1600, 1692]m of each strand (MC & CC)
- Shown in: Qing Fibre Melted Baby Suri (65% Alpaca, 20% Wool, 15% Silk; 191yds / 175m per 50g skein); MC - Hero (royal blue) | Qing Fibre High Twist BFL (100% Superwash BFL Wool; 399yds / 365m per 100g skein); CC - Cheese, Teal, Flow, Young Ginger, Firaja, & Nassau
- US 8 / 5mm circular in 40” / 100cm length or size needed to obtain gauge
- US 7 / 4.5mm circular in 40” / 100cm length or one size smaller than main needle
- *Note: Magic loop method is used for the collar, yoke, and sleeves.
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions & Schematic
Skill Level: Intermediate