Let's Hike! by Shanalines Designs | This is a simple earwarmer/headband and cowl recipe I created for my family so we stay nice and warm on hikes. The cowl size can easily be worn as a hat, or pulled up over your face to keep out the chill.The cowl is twice as wide as the headband. Instructions are provided for fingering weight and DK / Worsted weight.
- Fingering: 24 stitches = 4” (10 cm) in garter stitch
- DK / Worsted: 19 stitches = 4” (10 cm) in garter stitch
- Headband: 4” x 18” (10 cm x 46 cm)
- Cowl: 8” x 19.5” (20 cm x 50 cm)
Materials Used: fingering, dk or worsted weight yarn
- Fingering: US 2.5 (3.0 mm)
- DK/Worsted weight: US 5 (3.75 mm)
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Beginner
Other Details: Techniques - Provisional cast-on, knit stitch, integrated i-cord, 3-needle bind-off.