Leaflet Mitts and Scarf
Short Description: This leaf-patterned mitt and scarf set includes instructions for two different yarn weights, and can be resized up or down by changing needle size and/or yarn weight. Mitts have a sculpted thumb gusset. May be resized by substituting different yarn weights or needle sizes.
- mitt: 24 sts and 32 rows(28 sts and 40 rows) = 4 inches in stockinette (unblocked)
- scarf: 22 sts and 28 rows(24 sts and 36 rows) = 4 inches in stockinette (unblocked)"
- mitt: finished circumference = 6.5 inches to fit hands up to 8 inches around palm
- scarf: 7” W x 45” L (after light steaming)"
- mitt: 130(150) yards
- scarf: 300(400) yards of any any soft, light worsted weigh yarn, or any soft, springy fingering yarn"
- mitt: DPNs size 5US/3.75mm(size 2US/2.75 mm)
- scarf: size 7US/4.5 mm(size 4US/3.5 mm)"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: for heavier mitt/scarf: Knitting Notions Classic Merino worsted, Fearless Fibers Wool/Mohair, Briar Rose Legend or Fourth of July, Cascade 220 or 220 Superwash, Dream in Color Classy, or any soft, light worsted weigh yarn
for lighter mitt/scarf: Sweet Sheep Sweet Socks, Fearless Fibers Classic Sock, Woolen Rabbit Harmony Sock, Knitting Notions Superwash Sock, Yarn Nerd 950Mhz Merino, or any soft, springy fingering yarn