Short Description: Sensuous cabled garlands swirl over the surface of this classic scarf and hat set, providing subtle, elegant texture, enhanced by the use of a soft yarn. The beret, in two sizes (S/L), is worked entirely in the round and the scarf is worked flat. Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles
- scarf: 10 inches wide and 54 inches in length (washed and blocked)
- hat: 18(20.5) inches around brim to fit heads measuring up to 21.5(24) inches around "
- scarf: 450 yards
- hat: 160(210) yards of any soft, DK/sport yarn with 180-250 yards per 2 ounces. "
- scarf: size 7US (4.5 mm) needle or size to obtain correct gauge
- size 7US (4.5 mm) 16-inch circular needle or size to obtain correct gauge
- size 4US (3.5 mm) 16-inch circular needle (or three sizes smaller than body needle)
- DPNs same size as body needle to finish top of hat (optional)"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Great Northern Yarns Cashmere/Mink DK, The Fibre Company Canopy, Briar Rose Wistful, Fearless Fibers Cashmere Sport, Zen Yarn Garden Cashmere DK or Cashmere/silk DK, Oomingmak Qiviut, or any soft, DK/sport yarn with 180-250 yards per 2 ounces.