Lacunae Mitts and Hat
Short Description: A quick-to-knit set in three sizes featuring an allover cocoon texture with ribbing at wrist and earband. A great last-minute gift project that makes good use of stash yarn. Substituting yarn weights and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
- mitts: 24 sts and 36 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
- hat: 20 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles "
- mitts: 5.5(6.5, 7.5) inches (unstretched) to fit hands up to 7.5(8.5, 9.5) inches around palm
- hat: 14(17, 20) inches to fit heads measuring up to 21(23, 26) inches around "
- mitts: 125(150, 200) yards
- hat: 150(200, 250) yards of any DK/light worsted yarn. "
- mitts: DPNs size 4US (3.5 mm)
- size 6US (4.0 mm) 16” circular needle and DPNs, or size to obtain correct gauge
- size 4US (3.5 mm) 16” circular needle, or a needle two sizes smaller than body needle"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Briar Rose Legend or 4th of July, Fearless FIbers wool/alpaca DK, Shivaya Naturals DK Merino, Cascade 220 or 220 Superwash, Dream in Color Classy, Sublime DK, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK, O-Wool Classic, or any DK/light worsted yarn.