Short Description: The inspiration for this piece was an emerald, a highly valued gemstone, as reflected through the sharp geometric lines of the lace pattern. The proverb teaches one to choose a high goal and not to be deterred by anything of lesser importance. As Mystics who knit as a form of self-care, I believe that one of the best ways of self-care is acknowledging one’s self-worth and value.
- 24 sts and 48 rows over 4 in./10 cm in garter stitch worked flat with US 5 (3.75 mm) and after blocking.
- One repeat of the lace pattern equals 1.5 in. by 3 in./3.8 cm by 7.5 cm)
Finished Measurements: Circumference: 22 in./56 cm; Depth at deepest point: 21.5 in./54.5 cm
- 300 - 350 yd./275 - 320 m
- Yak yarn is extremely soft and has a lot of drape, meaning that it will not sit stiffly against the neck. If you wish to use a yarn with more hold and structure, use a merino or other sheep-based fibre.
- Mon Sheep Shop Haute Joaillerie (Silk 50%, Yak 50%; 200 m/50 g). 2 skeins in Emerald.
Needle Size: US 5 (3.75 mm) size or size needed to obtain gauge, 24-in./60 cm circular needle
Pattern Includes: Written instructions