Short Description: This winter trio of mitts, headband, and cowl in three sizes (S/M/L) features a textured twist motif with cabled accents that provides cozy warmth and handsome appeal. The headband is shaped with short rows to cover the ears for a snug shield against the cold; mitts have a sculpted gusset. All piece are quick-knit traveling projects to make ahead for unisex gifting.
Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size."
- mitts/headband: 22 sts and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles (unblocked)
- cowl: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles (unblocked)
- mitts: 5.5(6.5, 8) inches (unstretched) to fit hands up to 6(7.5, 9.5) inches around palm
- cowl: 16.5(20, 23.5) inches in circumference (blocked)
- headband: 15(18, 22) inches to fit heads measuring up to 20(23, 26) inches around (blocked)
Materials Used: Yarn requirements:
- mitts: 130(160, 200) yards
- cowl: 150(190, 240) yards
- headband: 80(100, 125) yards
- mitts: DPNs size 5US (3.75 mm) for body (or size to obtain correct gauge) and size 4US (3.5 mm) for ribbing (or one size smaller than body needle)
- cowl: size 7US (4.5 mm) for body (or size to obtain correct gauge) size 6US (4.0 mm) for ribbing (one size smaller than body needle)
- headband: 16-inch circular needles in same sizes as for mitts
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Bare Naked Wools Confection, Breakfast Blend DK, or Stone Soup DK, Studio June Andrea Mae DK, Hazel Knits DK Lively, Briar Rose 4th of July, String Theory Merino DK, Spirit Trail Birte, Shalimar Honey Worsted, Indigodragonfly Superwash DK, Tanis Fiber Arts Yellow Label DK, madelinetosh tosh DK, Woolen Rabbit Grace, Dream in Color Classy, or any DK/light worsted yarn with approximately 60 yards per ounce