Hip to be Square Hat by rhyFlower Knits | Worked in the round, Hip to be Square contains written directions and charts. When the crown becomes too small to continue, you’ll switch to the magic loop method or DPNs.
Gauge: 29 stitches by 36 rounds in stockinette on larger needles = 4” / 10 cm, after blocking. Gauge is crucial in obtaining the correct fit. Changes in gauge will result in a size difference for your finished hat.
Finished Measurements: 18 [20, 22]” / 45.5 [51, 56] cm brim circumference– intended to be worn with 1-2” / 2.5-5 cm negative ease. Curt has a head circumference of 22” / 56 cm, shown wearing the adult size.
- Color A: 180 [200, 220] yds / 165 [183, 201] m fingering weight yarn
- Colors B through F: 5 different contrasting colors of 9 yds / 8 m each fingering weight yarn
- Tapestry needle, stitch markers, pompom (optional)
- US 2 (2.75 mm) 16” (40 cm) circular needle, or size requicolor B to obtain gauge
- Four US 2 (2.75 mm) double-pointed needles (DPNS), or size requicolor B to obtain gauge (Optional)
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions & Charts
Skill Level: Easy
Languages: English | French