High Peaks Mittens & Hat
Short Description: A warm hat/mitten set in three sizes with a cozy texture that provides warmth and interest. The knit/purl pattern works up quickly in worsted weight yarn, making this a great last-minute gift knit.
Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
- mitts: 22 sts and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
- hat: 18 sts and 26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette "
- mitts: 7(8, 9) inches (unstretched) to fit hands up to 6.5(7.5, 8.5) inches around palm
- hat: 18(20, 22) inches to fit heads measuring up to 21(23, 25) inches around "
- mitts: 125(150, 200) yards
- hat: 125(150, 200) yards of any heavy worsted yarn. "
- mitts: DPNs size 5US (3.75 mm)
- size 7US (4.5 mm) 16” circular needle and DPNs, or size to obtain correct gauge
- size 6US (4.0 mm) 16” circular needle, or one size smaller than body needle"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Briar Rose Pilgrim or Sonoma, Malabrigo Worsted, Fearless Fibers Merino Heavy Worsted, Lanas Puras Melosa Worsted, Manos del Uruguay 100% Wool, Mission Falls 1824 Wool, Cascade Ecological Wool, Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted, or any heavy worsted yarn.