Hermaness Hats by The Shetland Trader | These hats come in a slouchy beanie version and beret style. Both of these hats begin at the brim with ribbing and are knit bottom up in a simple Shetland Lace pattern.
- 27 sts and 46 rnds= 4 inches in ribbed pattern on US 2/3mm needle
- 34 sts and 40 rnds=4 inches in lace pattern on US 2/3mm needle (Beanie)
- 31 sts and 40 rnds= 4inches in lace pattern on US 3/3mm needle (Beret)
- Beanie: 18 3/4-inch circumference at brim; 9-inches tall from brim to crown.
- Beret: 19-inch circumference at brim; 8 1/2-inches tall from brim to crown; 10-inch diameter at widest point.
- Fingering weight yarn in the following amounts: 240 yards (Beanie); 250 yards (Beret)
- Shown in Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 275 yards/50g) in “Button Jar” (Beanie) and “Sap” (Beret)
- US 2/3mm 16-inch circular needle
- US 2/3mm set of dpn’s or long circular needle (if prefer using magic loop)
- US 3/3.25mm 16-inch circular needle (if making the beret version)
- US 3/3.25mm set of dpn’s or long circular needle (if prefer using magic loop)
Pattern Includes: Written & Charted Instructions
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner