Short Description: This petite lace beret in three sizes (S/M/L) with matching ruffled wristlets, adds a light layer of warmth or keeps hair in place during the blustery days of fall and spring. The pretty, biased openwork motif has lace knitting on every round, but its complexity is alleviated by the circular construction of the pieces, where the right side of the work is visible throughout. Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size or elasticity.
- hat: 26 sts and 40 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles
- wristlets: 24 sts and 36 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles "
- hat: 17.5(20.5, 23.5) inch brim (blocked) to fit heads up to 20.5(23, 25.5) inches around
- wristlets: 4(4.5) inches in circumference at cuff (unstretched) to fit wrist up to 6.5(8) inches around; 7(9) inches total length from hem to top of cuff "
- hat: 150(200, 250) yards
- wristlets: 115(150) yards of any springy laceweight yarn with approximately 400 yds/50 grams. "
- size 2.5US (3.0mm) 16-inch circular for body (or size to obtain correct gauge)
- size 1.5US (2.5mm) 16-inch circular for brim (or two ‘mm’ sizes smaller than body needle)
- size 3US (3.25mm) DPNs for ruffle (or size to obtain correct gauge)
- size 2US (2.75mm) DPNs for cuff (or two ‘mm’ sizes smaller than ruffle needle)"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Miss Babs Yet Lace, A Verb for Keeping Warm Wishing, Schaefer Audrey, Fibre Isle Magique, Woolen Rabbit Kashmir or Lark Fingering, Fearless Fibers Merino Laceweight or Cashmere Laceweight, Knitting Notions Classic Merino Lace, Sweet Georgia Merino Silk Lace, Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Silk, or any springy laceweight yarn with approximately 400 yds/50 grams.