Short Description: Helena represents the best of summer knitting — a design so simple you can knit it at a barbeque or on the beach. Knit it before summer is over and wear it with everything from jeans and a t-shirt to a sundress or swimming suit. When the weather turns cold, you might want a winter version. The pattern also contains directions for knitting it with circular needles and at different gauges. A loose, drapey fabric knitted with strong yarn is recommended.
Gauge: 14 sts = 4" square in St st; row gauge not important.
- Bust: 48 (52, 56, 60, 64, 68)"; meant for 10–15" positive ease around Bust (this is what makes it drop off the shoulders and drape longer at the sides)
- Length from top of shoulder: 19 (20, 21, 22, 23, 24)" or desired length
Materials Used: Yarn Options
- 6 (6, 7, 8, 9, 10) skeins Habu Textiles n-100 wide gima (100% cotton, 109 yds/1 oz); sample knit with color 40 black, or
- 5 (6, 7, 8, 9, 10) skeins Habu Textiles a-188 (56% linen, 44% cotton, 109 yds/1 oz), or
- 500 (600, 700, 800, 900, 1090) yds of a tape or strong linen/cotton yarn, approx worsted weight, that gets gauge
- US 10.5–11 circ or straight
- Extra US 11 for 3-needle BO
Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.