Short Description: Hanami by Frogginette. This charming, swingy dress (or top) features an elegant textured front yoke and thoughtful, understated details. This garment is knit seamlessly from the top down. The yoke is knit flat to the bottom of the back’s vertical opening, featuring a textured stitch on the front of the yoke only (chart and written instructions provided), then sleeves stitches are put on hold. Front and back are then worked in one piece in the round. A welt is worked, followed by increases, then the rest of the garment is worked in the round and finished with a picot hem (two length options, top or dress, are suggested). Sleeves stitches are then put back on the needles and worked in the round and are also finished with a picot hem (two length options, elbow and full-length, are suggested.) An attached I-cord with a loop closure finishes the neckline.
Gauge: 24 sts x 32 rows = 4 inches or 10cm in stockinette stitch after blocking using size A needle
Sizes: 3mo (6mo, 12mo, 18mo // 2yo, 4yo, 6yo, 8yo, 10yo)
Finished Measurements: Garment chest at underarms (just above welt): 16 (16.5, 18.5, 19.25 // 20.75, 22.5, 24.75, 26.75, 27.25) inches or 40.5 (42, 47, 49 // 52.5, 57, 63, 68, 69) cm
- Top version: Approximately 375 (400, 475, 550 // 600, 725, 900, 1000, 1200) yards or 343 (366, 434, 503 // 549, 663, 823, 914, 1097) meters of fingering to sport weight yarn
- Dress version: Approximately 400 (450, 550, 625 // 675, 825, 1000, 1200, 1400) yds or 366 (411, 503, 571 // 617, 754, 914, 1097, 1280) meters or fingering to sport weight yarn
- Size A: US 5 or 3.75 mm circular needle (or size needed to match stockinette stitch gauge). Length:16 inches or 40 cm, (except for sizes 6yo and up which require 24-inch or 60-cm length); matching dpns (for sleeves)
- Size B: US 6 or 4 mm, or one size larger than Size A circular needle, 24-inch or 60-cm in length (for skirt portion).
- Size C: US 4 or 3.5 mm circular needle or one size smaller than size A circular needle, 24-inch or 60-cm length (for picot hem).
- Size D: US 3 or 3.25 mm double-pointed needles or two sizes smaller than Size A (to work attached I-cord at neckline and sleeve picot hem)
Pattern Includes: 9 sizes, charts, and written instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate. Skills Required: Casting on, knitting, purling, increasing, decreasing, knitting in the round, yarn over, I-cord bind off (explanations provided), working a welt (explanations/link to tutorial provided), working an easy textured pattern (explanations/link to video tutorial provided), working a picot hem (explanations/link to tutorial provided) binding off