Short Description: Glacerie Shawl by The Yarniad. Glacerie (a French ice cream shop) is a long and narrow triangular shawl worked in a pretty stitch pattern embellished with Garter Stitch scallops. Two sizes are included; the smaller, shawlette size is perfect for wrapping around the neck and wearing as a scarf, and the larger size allows the knitter to play a bit with color and use up any leftover sock yarn that might be on hand. Glacerie is pretty and fresh and perfect for the springtime air.
Gauge: Small - 21 sts & 26 rows = 4”/10 cm in Stockinette St & Scallop Pattern; Large - 22 sts & 28 rows = 4”/10 cm in Stockinette St & Scallop Pattern
Finished Measurements: Aran weight version [Fingering weight version]
- Small (Medium, Large)
- Circumference: 22.5 (41.5, 54.5)”/ 57 (106, 139) cm [21.25 (42.75, 53.25”)/ 54 (108.5, 135.5) cm]
- Height: 7 (8, 9.25)”/ 18 (20.5, 23.5) cm
- Small – MC: 190yds/174 m DK or sport weight yarn; shown in Malabrigo Arroyo in color Natural
- CC: 150 yds/137 m fingering weight yarn; shown in Koigu KPM
- Large - MC: 355 yds/325 m fingering weight yarn; shown in Anzula Cloud in color Avocado
- CC1: 65 yds/60 m fingering weight yarn; shown in Malabrigo Sock in color Natural
- CC2: 185 yds/169 m fingering weight yarn; shown in Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in color Torchere"
Needle Size: US 6 (4mm) circular needles, at least 32"/80 cm in length
Pattern Includes: Detailed written instructions, photographs
Skill Level: Adventurous Beginner