Short Description: A cozy fall accessory set in two sizes (S/L), that features a deeply-textured openwork pattern. Inspired by the shapes and colors of berries that adorn bare branches during winter, these pieces add a similar touch of bright freshness to winter outerwear. This set is a fun project that travels well and makes an excellent gift to tuck away for future giving. Substituting yarn weights and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
- mitts: 28 sts and 40 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on smallest needles
- hat: 24 sts and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on middle size needles
- scarf: 22 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on largest needles "
- mitts: 5.5(6.5) inches (unstretched) to fit hands up to 7.5(8.5) inches around palm
- hat: 19(21) inches to fit heads measuring up to 21(23) inches around
- scarf: 7 inches wide and 54 inches in length (blocked)"
Materials Used: mitts: 150(175) yards hat: 130(180) yards scarf: 260 yards of any soft sport yarn with approximately 275 yds per 100 grams
- mitts: DPNs size 2US (2.75 mm) or size to obtain correct gauge
- hat: size 3US (3.25 mm) and size 2US (2.75 mm) 16-inch circular needles and size 3US (3.25 mm) DPNs or size to obtain correct gauge
- scarf: size 5US (3.75 mm) or size to obtain correct gauge"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Slackford Studio Pathway Sport, Briar Rose Legend, Fearless Fibers Superwash Merino Sport, Knitting Notions Classic Merino Sport or Superwash Sport, Fibre Company Road to China Light, SweetGeorgia Yarns Speed Demon, Hello Yarn Fat Sock, madelinetosh tosh sport, or any soft sport yarn with approximately 275 yds per 100 grams