Short Description: Dipyramitts by Emily Greene Knits. The Dipyramitts are a striking set of handwarmers, featuring an addictive two-color pattern of stranded colorwork. Designed as a companion pattern to the Dipyramid hat, the Dipyramitts pattern includes options for fingerless mitts, traditional mittens, and convertible, ‘flip-top’ mittens, all written in three sizes to fit a wide range of hands. All versions feature elegant thumb gusset shaping incorporated directly into the colorwork pattern, as well as polished finishing touches like a tubular cast-on, deep ribbed cuff, and seamlessly grafted top for the mitten versions. The Dipyramitts use just two colors of your favorite fingering-weight wool yarn - making them a great way to use up leftovers from bigger projects - and are shockingly quick to knit (and perfect for gifting)!
Gauge: 33 stitches & 37 rows = 4” / 10 cm in charted colorwork pattern with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Sizes: S (M, L), to fit palm circumference 6.25-6.75 (7.25-7.75, 8.25-8.75)” / 16-17 (18.5-20, 21-22)cm with approximately 0-0.5” / 0-1.5cm positive ease at the palm
Finished Measurements: 6.75 (7.75, 8.75)” / 17 (19.5, 22)cm circumference, blocked and unstretched. Length for all versions can be adjusted to suit the wearer’s preferences.
Materials Used: All samples shown in Brooklyn Tweed Peerie (100% Merino wool)
- Fingerless Mitts: Main Color (MC): 102 (116, 131) yards / 93 (106, 120) meters of fingering weight yarn needed; Contrast Color (CC): 65 (74, 83) yards / 59 (68, 76) meters of fingering weight yarn needed; Fingerless Mitts shown in colorways ‘Hammock’ (MC) and ‘Fleet’ (CC).
- Convertible Mittens: Main Color (MC): 129 (148, 166) yards / 118 (135, 152) meters of fingering weight yarn needed; Contrast Color (CC): 83 (95, 107) yards / 76 (87, 98) meters of fingering weight yarn needed; Convertible Mittens shown in colorways ‘Fleet’ (MC) and ‘Burnished’ (CC).
- Mittens: Main Color (MC): 111 (127, 143) yards / 101 (116, 131) meters of fingering weight yarn needed; Contrast Color (CC): 102 (116, 131) yards / 93 (106, 120) meters of fingering weight yarn needed; Mittens shown in colorways ‘Burnished’ (MC) and ‘Muslin’ (CC).
- Size A (for Main Fabric & Cuff Ribbing): One 32ʺ / 80 cm circular needle (if using the Magic Loop method) or one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) in size needed to obtain gauge listed; Suggested Size: US 2 / 2.75 mm
- Size B (for Tubular Cast-On (optional) & Ribbing): One 32ʺ / 80 cm circular needle or one set DPNs, one size smaller than Size A; Suggested Size: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Pattern Includes: Written instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate