Curvette Shawl by Westknits | Curvette combines simple stitches with yarn over eyelets to unveil an easy to knit fabric with divine drape. Choose four colors of fingering weight wool as the main garter stitch colors and accent them with one shade of lace weight mohair silk. The fluffy mohair adds a delicate and lightweight touch to the fabric. A subtle wavy border finishes the semi-circular shape with a flourish. Instructions include video tutorials showing you how to work the I-cord cast on and how to finish the I-cord corner at the end of the project. This pattern is suitable for adventurous beginners as well as seasoned knitters of Westknits shawls.
Gauge: 18 sts & 40 rows = 4″ / 10cm in pattern (garter stitch + eyelets)
Finished Measurements: 76″ / 193cm wingspan length, 30″ / 76cm from CO to BO edge measured along the center of the shawl. Measurements taken after blocking.
Materials Used: Fingering weight and a lace weight mohair pop
Shown in: Mominoki Sock Fine 4ply (75% Merino Wool, 25% Nylon; 437yds / 400m per 100g skein)
- Color A - Silver | 200yds / 183m
- Color C - Safran | 380yds / 347m
- Color D - Kohaku | 380yds / 347m
- Color E - Sabi | 350yds / 320m
Shown in: West Wool Glowhair (72% Mohair, 28% Silk; 437yds / 400m per 50g skein)
- Color B - Canal House | 380yds / 347m
- Note: Color B is the mohair accent color featured in the eyelet rows. I recommend using colors A, C, D, & E from light to dark. Start with the lightest color as color A or use your colors in any order you like.
Needle Size: US 4 / 3.5mm in 40″ / 100cm length or size needed to obtain gauge
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Easy