Short Description: This winter trio in three sizes (S/M/L) features a deeply textured basketweave motif that provides cozy warmth and handsome appeal. The mitts have a fitted gusset and thumb; all pieces are quick-knit traveling projects that are great to make ahead for unisex gifting. Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
- mitts: 22 sts and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles (unblocked)
- cowl/hat: 18 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needles (unblocked)"
- mitts: 6(6.75, 7.5) inches (unstretched) to fit hands up to 7.5(8.25, 9) inches around palm
- cowl: 20(24, 28) inches in circumference and 7(8, 9) inches in depth (blocked)
- hat: 18(20, 22) inches to fit heads measuring up to 21(23, 26) inches around (blocked)"
- mitts: 100(125, 150) yards
- cowl: 150(200, 275) yards
- hat: 150(175, 225) yards of any DK/light worsted yarn with approximately 60 yards per ounce"
- DPNs size 4US (3.5 mm) for body (or size to obtain correct gauge) and
- size 3US (3.25 mm) for cuff and ribbing(or one size smaller than body needle)
- size 6US (4.0 mm) 16” circulars and DPNs for body (or size to obtain correct gauge)
- size 5US (3.75 mm)16-inch circulars for brim (one size smaller than body needle)"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: NewHue Handspuns Baa Baa Huey, Barenaked Wools Breakfast Blend DK, Brooklyn Tweed Shelter, Briar Rose Charity, Elsa Wool Company Woolen-Spun Worsted Weight Cormo, Beaverslide McTaggart Tweeds & Heathers, Studio June Andrea Mae DK, String Theory Merino DK, Spirit Trail Birte, Shalimar Honey Worsted or Haven, Morehouse Farm Merino 3-Strand, or any DK/light worsted yarn with approximately 60 yards per ounce