Cowloween by Tellybean Knits | Happy Cowloween! It’s time for ghosts and pumpkins. It’s time for candy and dressing up! It’s time to bust out your orange yarn and your broom! It’s Halloween!!! In case you didn’t know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year. In October, I want to dress up for Halloween every single day. Since it isn’t practical to break out a costume every morning, I’ve designed a Halloween cowl. This little accessory gives me (and you and the kiddos) a chance to get in the Halloween spirit as often as your Halloween heart desires.
Worked SEAMLESSLY from the top down, Cowloween knits up quickly (like any good cowl should), but wears like a hassle-free shawl. Unlike traditional tube cowls that rumple into a pile of knitting around your neck, this shawl-shaped construction lets your knitting shine by creating a triangular front and shortened back. The shape is wonderful, wearable, and just plain fun to knit.
Gauge: 26 sts & 28 rounds = 4 inches / 10cm in stockinette flat & in the round after blocking
- Neck Opening: 17.5 (19.75) inches / 44.5 (50) cm
- Front Length: 19 (21) inches / 48 (53.5) cm
- Back Length: 8.5 (9) inches / 21.5 (22.5) cm
- C1: 110 (120) yards / 101 (110) m (white)
- C2: 105 (115) yards / 96 (105) (orange)
- C3: 35 (40) yards / 32 (37) m (pink)
- C4: 25 (30) yards / 23 (27) m (green)
- C5: 90 (100) yards / 82 (91) m (orange)
Needle Size: US 4 (3.5mm) 20-inch (50cm) circular or as required to meet gauge
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions, Charts & Schematic
Skill Level: Intermediate