Cornrows Mittens & Hat
Short Description: A hat/mitten set in three sizes (S/M/L) with a textured cable stitch that provides warmth and depth to keep the cold out. The pieces work up quickly in worsted weight yarn, making this a great last-minute gift knit for kids and adults. Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
- mittens: 20 sts and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
- hat: 18 sts and 26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
- mittens: 7(8.5, 10) inches (unstretched) to fit hands up to 6.5(8, 9.5) inches around palm
- hat: 18(20, 22) inches to fit heads measuring up to 21(23, 25) inches around "
- mittens: 160(180, 200) yards
- hat: 150(200, 250) yards of any dense worsted weight yarn.
- mittens: DPNs size 4US (3.5 mm)
- hat: size 6US (4.0 mm) 16” circular needle and DPNs, or size to obtain correct gauge
size 4US (3.5 mm) 16” circular needle, or two sizes smaller than body needle"
Other Details: Suggested Yarns: Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Worsted, Briar Rose Pilgrim, Malabrigo Worsted, Fearless Fibers Merino Heavy Worsted, Lanas Puras Melosa Worsted, Mission Falls 1824 Wool, Cascade Ecological Wool, Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Worsted, or any dense worsted weight yarn.