Short Description: Harlequin’s cheques dance across this alluring wrap knit in Circus Tonic Handmades yarn. Named after the romantic hero’s conniving mistress, Columbina begins and ends with a steady rhythm of easy garter rows, interrupted by a dramatic and entertaining crescendo of two-colour mosaic, and is embellished with a picot flourish. The perfect project for vibrant, high-contrast colours, the bias shawl comes in two sizes and is shaped only with simple increases and decreases, resulting in a spectacular and sophisticated accessory.
Gauge: 24 sts and 46 rows = 4""/10 cm in garter stitch, blocked. Gauge is not crucial for this project, but variations will affect yardage and final measurements. Note: some knitters may need to go
up a needle size to maintain gauge in the mosaic sections.
Finished Measurements: Small (Large)
- Wingspan: 71 (91)”/180.5 (231) cm
- Depth: 13.5 (17.5)”/34.5 (44.5) cm. Measurements taken after blocking.
Materials Used: Fingering weight/4-ply
- MC: 400 (575) yd/366 (526) m
- CC: 125 (230) yd/115 (211) m
Sample shown in:
- Small: Circus Tonic Handmade, Circus Single Ply, (fingering, 100% Merino, 400 yd/366 m per 100 g), MC: The Hills are Alive, CC: Black Pearl
- Large: Circus Tonic Handmade,
Revelry Sock, (fingering, 80% Merino, 20% nylon, 409 yards/374 m per 100 g), MC: Singing Bushlark, CC: Spangled Drongo
Needle Size: US 4/3.5 mm long circular needle to hold a large number of sts (shawl is worked flat), or size required to obtain gauge
Pattern Includes: Written and charted instructions
Skill Level: Advanced beginner