Short Description: Colmena Beanie by Christina Danaee Designs. The Colmena beanie is a super warm hug for your head! Inspired by tight and intricate honeycomb, this squishy pattern creates a dense fabric that will surely keep your ears and noggin warm all winter long. Colmena was named for the Spanish word for “hive” in honor of Spanish designer Antoni Gaudí and his love of integrating the honeycomb shape into his architectural designs. Knit with Echoview Fiber Mill’s Botanically Dyed Merino yarn, the naturally dyed color creates an added dynamic to such a texturally interesting pattern. Available in a size for both kids and adults, knit a hat so you can keep your whole family warm!
Gauge: 12sts x 40 rows = 4”-10cm over main pattern using US 6-4.0mm needle.
Finished Measurements: Width: 18 (24)”- 46 (61)cm, meant to be worn with 2”-5cm of positive ease; 8.5 (9.5)” - 21.5 (24) cm tall
Materials Used: Echoview Fiber Mill - Botanically Dyed Merino
- 100% Merino
- 178 yds/100 grams
- Child Sample knit with 1 skein Golden Hops
- Adult Samples knit with 1 skein Madder and 1 skein Weld & Indigo
- OR 150 (170)yds of an equivalent worsted weight yarn
- US 4 - 3.5mm 16” circular needle
- US 6 - 4.0mm 16” circular needle
- US 6 - 4.0mm DPNS (optional-for decreases)
Pattern Includes: Written instructions