Short Description: Cobh (/kouv/) is a colorful seaport town on the south coast of County Cork, Ireland. Garter stitch and an easy-to-memorize 2-stitch lace repeat is the perfect landscape to play with color, so it seemed fitting to name this design after such a lovely town. Plus, the crescent shape is versatile to wear as a shawl, wrap, or bunched up as a scarf on a chilly evening.
- 26 sts and 32-34 rows= 4” over st st before blocking for fingering weight
- 22 sts and 26 rows= 4” over st st before blocking for sport weight
Finished Measurements: 72 (75)” wide and 16 (17)” long at center point, after blocking
- ~540 yards TOTAL of fingering weight yarn or 170 yards (Color A), 140 yards (Color B), 230 yards (Color C) of fingering weight yarn for 3-color gradient version, such as Anzula Luster, Anzula Squishy, Anzula Dreamy
- ~640 yards TOTAL of sport/dk weight yarn or 485 yards (MC), 155 yards (CC) of sport/dk weight yarn for 2-color striped version, such as Anzula Cricket, Anzula Croquet
- Size US 5 (3.75mm) or size to obtain gauge, knitting needles for fingering weight size
- Size US 7 (4.5mm) or size to obtain gauge, knitting needles for sport weight size
Other Details: Instructions are written for a top-down shawl, in either a fingering weight or sport weight yarn. Both charted and written instructions are provided for the lace pattern. Instructions are also provided for a 3-color gradient version or a 2-color striped version. The 2-stitch lace repeat makes it easy to modify the design.