Short Description: Choose two colors of worsted weight yarn for these graphic mitts knit in two-color brioche stitch. Customize the style for a cozy long sleeve or a casual wrist length. Increases and decreases create the briochevron pattern that forms a stylish curve over the fingers and on the wrist.
Gauge: 24 sts & 22 rounds = 4” / 10cm in two-color briochevron stitch
Sizes: Wrist Length [Sleeve Length]. The circumference is written in one size since the brioche stitch is very stretchy. Different sizes can be achieved with smaller or larger needles.
Finished Measurements: 7” / 18cm circumference around wrist and palm for mittens & mitts. 10” / 25cm circumference around arm for long sleeve fingerless mitts. Length is customizable. Samples shown on a 6.5” / 17cm wrist circumference and 8.5” / 22cm palm circumference.
Materials Used: DK or worsted weight
- Mittens: MC (black) - 115yds / 105m; CC (white) - 105yds / 96m
- Short Fingerless Mitts: MC (white) - 90yds / 82m; CC (red) - 80yds / 73m
- Long Fingerless Mitts: MC - 190yds / 174m; CC - 170yds / 155m
- Mittens: Rosy Green Wool Big Merino Hug (100% Merino Wool; 175yds / 160m per 100g skein); MC - Black; CC - White
- Short Fingerless Mitts: Madelinetosh Tosh DK (100% Merino Wool; 225yds / 206m per 100g skein); MC - Filtered Light; CC - Neon Red
- Long Fingerless Mitts: DROPS Air (70% Alpaca, 23% Nylon, 7% Wool; 164yds / 150m per 100g skein); MC - White; Malabrigo Merino Worsted (100% Merino Wool; 210yds / 192m per 100g skein); CC - Cadmium (orange)
Needle Size: 40” US 7 / 4.5mm circular. Magic loop method is used for knitting in the round.
Pattern Includes: Detailed written instructions