Bobbles & Braids
Short Description: Bobbles & Braids by Boho Chic. Bobbles & Braids pairs two of my favorite stitches on a pullover for a playful deign: bobbles and braided cables! The sweater features a drop shoulder, boxy fit with fitted sleeves and a wide shallow neckline. Knit from the bottom up in the round, the top of the front and back are worked separately and seamed at the shoulders. The 3/4 length sleeves are picked up and worked in the round outward from the body. Bobbles & Braids is knit up in Spincycle Yarns new Metamorphic yarn, featuring a black base with tweedy colors mixed in. This design is fun to knit and is sure to become a wardrobe staple!
- 19 sts and 30 rows over 4” / 10 cm in stockinette st worked flat on larger needles (blocked)
- 26 sts and 30 rows over 4” / 10 cm over cable pattern worked flat on larger needles blocked
- *Note: The gauge differs for the different sections of this design; meeting gauge in stockinette should ensure your cable gauge would be correct in the same size needles.
Finished Measurements: Size 1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6); 44.5 (51.75, 59, 66.5, 74, 81.25)” / 113 (131.5, 150, 169, 188, 206.5) cm Bust (8-12” / 20.5- 30.5 cm positive ease suggested)
- Spincycle Yarns Metamorohic (Super Wash Wool, DK weight, approx. 400 yards per skein) in Warm Black # 1 Color
- Approximately 1280 (1495, 1730, 1980, 2240, 2500) yards / 1170 (1367, 1582, 1810, 2048, 2286) meters
- OR 4 (4, 5, 5, 6, 7) skeins
Needle Size: US 6 (4.0mm) 32” / 80 cm or longer circular needle for the body and additional needles of the same size for your preferred method of small circumference knitting for the sleeves.Adjust needle sizes as necessary to match gauge; the neckline ribbing needle should be 2 US sizes / 0.5 mm smaller than the larger needle when gauge is met; US 4 (3.5 mm) 16” / 40 cm circular needle for neckline ribbing
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate