Birnam Wood Wrap
Short Description: A rectangle stole in two sizes (petite/tall) and two yarn weights, featuring a tiny repeating diamond pattern which shifts direction over several pattern arrangements to evoke the confusing brambles and mysterious surprises of Shakespeare’s Birnam Wood. Stole is worked in two pieces from the bottom hem, then grafted at center back. Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size.
- Sport weight: 20 sts and 30 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch on larger needle (unblocked)
- Laceweight: 24 sts and 36 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch on larger needle (unblocked)"
- Sport weight: 18.5(23) inches wide x 72(84) inches long (stretched and blocked)
- Laceweight: 19.5(23.5) inches wide x 72(84) inches long (stretched and blocked)"
- Sport weight: 630(900) yards
- Laceweight: 1100(1400) yards any laceweight yarn with 500 yards per 2 ounces"
- Laceweight: size 4US (3.5 mm)* and size 3US (3.25 mm) or one size smaller than body needle
- Sport weight: size 6US (4.0 mm)* and size 5US (3.75 mm) or one size smaller than body needle or size to obtain correct gauge
Other Details: Suggested Yarns:
- Sport weight: The Fiber Company Road to China Light, Fearless Fibers Cashmere Sport, Hand Maiden Swiss Cashmere and Silk or any sport yarn with 100 yds/oz
- Laceweight: Fiber Isle Kami, Woolen Rabbit Tranquilo, Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace, Jaggerspun Zephyr, or any laceweight yarn with 500 yards per 2 ounces