Azurine Hat and Cowl
Short Description: Treat yourself to a special project, then let the icy winds blow. Knit the Azurine Hat and Cowl, round and round, in lovely merino or a luxurious silk blend, held double to keep you toasty warm. The twisted ribbing holds its stretch and complements the simple, playful lace stitch. Not just for special occasions, Azurine is perfect to wear every day. Includes both written and charted instructions.
Gauge: 28 sts and 35 rows = 4""/10 cm in Azurine Lace stitch with yarns held double, blocked
- Circumference: 23”/58.5 cm
- Height: 8”/20.5 cm
- To fit head circumference: 19-21(22-24) “/48.5-53.5 (56-61) cm
- Height: 7.5 (8.5) “/ 19 (21.5) cm
Materials Used: Fingering weight/4-ply held with Lace weight/2-ply
- COWL: Fingering weight/4-ply: 230 yd/211 m Lace weight/2-ply: 230 yd/211 m
- HAT: Fingering weight/4-ply: 210 yd/192 m Lace weight/2-ply: 210 yd/192 m
Samples shown in: Primrose Yarn Co., Adelaide, (fingering/4-ply, 100% Merino, 435 yd/398 m per 115 g), Star Lord Nurturing Fibres, Kid Silk, (lace weight/2-ply, 70% Kid mohair, 30% Silk, 218 yd/200 m per 5g), Sea Glass
Needle Size: US 2/2.75 mm DPNs or circular. needles for small circumference knitting, or size required to obtain gauge
Pattern Includes: Includes both written and charted instructions for Hat and Cowl.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner - intermediate