Short Description: This sheer triangle shawl in two sizes (petite/tall) features an allover pattern of repeating shapes that resemble the artichoke plant and fruit. The pattern can be adapted to any yarn weight by using an appropriate needle size, and knit to any desired dimension. Lace knitting on both sides of the fabric produces crisp lines and large eyelets with a deeply scalloped hem. Substituting yarn and/or needles will result in an overall variation in size.
- Laceweight: 26 sts and 40 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needle (unblocked)
- Fingering weight: 20 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette on larger needle (unblocked)
Finished Measurements: 30(36) inches long down center back x 72(84) inches wide across top edge (stretched and blocked)
- Laceweight: 800(1200) yards
- Fingering weight: 650(850) yards any fingering yarn with 120 yards per ounce"
- Laceweight: size 2.5US (3.00 mm)
- Fingering weight: size 7US (4.5 mm) or size to obtain correct gauge; a needle with a slender, tapered point is highly recommended
Other Details: Suggested Yarns:
- Laceweight: Briar Rose Angel Face, Woolen Rabbit Tranquilo, Fearless Fibers Alpaca Laceweight, or any laceweight yarn with 275 or more yards per ounce
- Fingering weight: Briar Rose Grandma’s Blessing or Sea Pearl, Knitting Notions CLassic Merino Bamboo, or any fingering yarn with 120 yards per ounce