Short Description: Anticline by Emily Greene Knits. The Anticline mitts are a stylish, modern set of cuffed fingerless gloves featuring a striking pattern of twisted ribbing and diagonal cables that wrap elegantly around the wrist and hand. The cozy ribbed cuffs are designed to be worn turned back for the convenience of fingerless gloves, but can also be unfolded for extra warmth on the chilliest days. These mitts work up beautifully in both solid and tonal hand-dyed yarns, making them perfect for that skein of sock yarn in your stash that’s just too gorgeous to wear on your feet. The Anticline mitts knit up shockingly quickly despite the fine gauge; the traveling cable motifs give this pattern that addictive, ‘just one more row’ quality that will you have you finishing your first mitt over a weekend.
- 28 stitches x 40.5 rows = 4” square in stockinette stitch knit flat on gauge needle, blocked*
- 53 stitches x 42 rows = 4” square in 1x1 Half-Twisted Ribbing knit in the round, blocked and unstretched
- *Please note, stockinette gauge is provided to aid in swatching for needle size selection only; the pattern does not use stockinette stitch. Gauge for 1x1 Half-Twisted Ribbing is taken from completely relaxed fabric, after blocking (without stretching). As worn, the ribbing will open up considerably (~30%), giving a comfortably stretched gauge of approximately 36 stitches over 4”
- S/M (M/L), to fit palm circumference 6.5-7.5” (7.5-8.5”)
- 5 (6)” circumference, blocked and unstretched.
- Both versions measure 7 3/4” long with 1 3/4” cuff turned back (9 1/2” total length, unfolded)
Materials Used: 217 (256) yards / 198 (234) meters of fingering-weight wool or wool-blend yarn
Needle Size: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Pattern Includes: Written instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate