Allira by Ambah O'Brien | When light hits prism-like quartz crystals, the colours that are refracted are many and varied. Inspired by the variations of colour found in amethyst crystals. With yarn and size options ranging from a large five-colour gradient crescent to a smaller shawl composed of one solid colour with a contrast edging of the same modern geometric lace, there is a version of Allira that will best reflect the light that you want to be seen in.
Gauge: 18 stitches and 36 rows = 4 inches in Garter Stitch
Finished Measurements: Small variation: 83” x 14” / 211 x 36 cm . Large variations: 108” x 19” / 275 x 48 cm Measurements taken after blocking.
Materials Used: Fingering Weight / 4-ply
- Small Two Colour:Main Colour (MC) 420 yd / 385 m; Contrasting Colour (CC): 105 yds / 96 m.
- Large Two Colour: Main Colour (MC) 840 yds / 770 m; Contrasting Colour (CC): 105 yds / 100 m.
- Large Single Skein Gradient: Main Colour (MC) 420 yds / 385 m; Contrasting Colour (CC): Single gradient skein consisting of 525 yds / 485 m.
- Large Five Skein Gradient Set: Main Colour (MC) 420 yds / 385 m; Contrasting Colour (CC): Gradient set consisting of five skeins, each 105 yds / 96m.
- Large Five Skein Gradient sample shown in Julie Asselin, Leizu Fingering, (90% SW Merino, 10% Silk, 420 yd / 385 m per 115g) in MC: Birch and CC: Avalon Gradient Set
Needle Size: US 5 - 3.75 mm
Pattern Includes: Written & Charted Instructions
Skill Level: Adventurous Beginner